Skip to main content

The Reinvention of Me

Sometimes, life goes exactly as planned.  That has never been my experience, but I'm sure it's true.  Somewhere, somehow for someone life must be according to their plan.  I need to believe this.  I'm just OCD enough to feel like I know where I'm going in this world.

If it's true that "man makes plans and God laughs", He might be red-faced, trying to catch His breath, with sore abs right about now at the everlasting chuckle I give Him in making plans for my life.  

So what are you going to do when you're single, over 40 and find yourself unemployed in an economy that made the Carter Administration sound like the "Good Old Days"?  You reinvent yourself.  Embrace this season of your life to appreciate all the friendships you've neglected, learn a new hobby, finish some projects, and contemplate what you really want to do and who you really want to be - who you're really meant to be.

So that's my plan... embrace the delicious ambiguity of my life right now and when the dust settles, see who it is who emerges from the rubble.  I think I like her already.